Packiyo WMS communicates directly with Shopify stores using the Shopify API. To allow this, we need to create a custom app in Shopify.
Create a Custom App
Log in to your Shopify account.
Go to Settings → Apps and sales channels.
On the top-right corner, tap the "Develop Apps" link.
4. Click the Create an app button (top right of the page).
5. You will now be presented with a prompt asking for the app name and app developer.
A. Enter a name for the App name. We recommend something that you will remember for future reference, in our example, we use "My Packiyo App".
B. Select the App developer, this can be you or any other admin on your Shopify account.
C. Tap the Create app button.
Configure the app
After the app is created, you need to specify its access scopes. Follow these steps:
Access the Configuration tab, and tap the Configure button in the Admin API integration area.
2. In the next window, look for the 13 scopes provided in the list of API scopes and select them.
List of API scopes
3. After all the scopes have been selected, click Save. You're finished the configuration.
Generating the access token
To generate the access token:
Tap on the API credentials tab, and select Install app:
2. After the installation is finished, the box below displays:
3. Tap the Reveal token once button and make sure you save the token on a separate note. For security reasons, it will not be possible to see it again.
Obtaining the location ID
The last piece of information you will need is the location ID. Check the steps below to find out how to retrieve it.
On the Settings menu, click Locations.
2. You will now see your main Shopify locations. Go ahead and Select the location you will associate with the custom app.
3. After selecting your location, look at your browser URL which will look like the one below:
Your location ID will be the last string of numbers at the end of the URL. For example, in the case mentioned above the location ID would be 123456789.
Obtaining the Shopify Store URL
From your Shopify store home view, go to the left-hand-side panel, and select Online Store under the Sales channels section.
Once on the Online store page, select the option View your store. This will open a new tab that will display your Shopify store URL on the web browser URL field.
Copy the store URL that will appear on the web browser, and save it so that it can be sent to Packiyo Support later.
Now that you have the Shopify Store URL, the Access Token from your custom App, and the Location ID, send them to our Packiyo Support team so that they can finish creating the Shopify store connection for you.